Climate and sustainability
Helping you embed sustainability into finance, respond to regulatory requirements, and anticipate and respond to consumer and investor sentiment.
Climate and sustainability
Climate is a top priority for our clients, and for us as a B Corp. We help you embed sustainability into your organisation, respond to regulatory requirements, and anticipate and respond to consumer and investor sentiment.
Investor relations and financing
Showing you how the information you publish influences investments, share price, and capital costs.
- Investor sentiment analysis
- Climate scenario modelling
- Cost of capital analysis
- Investment appraisal
Carbon budgeting and forecasting, with advanced risk modelling, to line up your planning process with the climate agenda.
- Carbon budgeting and forecasting
- Scenario and portfolio modelling in partnership with BlackRock
- Embedding carbon considerations into the finance and wider business operating model
- Education and training for your finance and business teams
Reporting and disclosure advisory and development to help meet your environmental, social and governance (ESG) and regulatory commitments.
- ESG reporting integration
- Task Force on Climate-related
- Financial Disclosures (TCFD) strategy, advice and implementation
- Data sourcing and provisioning
- Upskilling your teams on these important requirements
TCFD strategy and execution
- Working with a global asset manager, we used our Baringa TCFD wireframe and transition capability to develop their TCFD strategy, roadmap and target operating model.
Global metrics and targets for net zero
- Working with a global corporate and investment bank, we used our climate change scenario model to develop and publish the metrics and targets for TCFD reporting.
- This project was key to the bank’s net zero strategy and allowed them to report on carbon emissions by business line.
Climate change impact study on external financing
- We worked with a global telco to model the climate risk impact on the access and cost of external financing.
- This project was key to the investor relations team’s engagement and financing strategy.
Finding business efficiencies and opportunities by looking at your operating model, technology, and change strategies.
It's about much more than systems. We look at your operating model, technology, and change strategies to show how change can help you find efficiencies and opportunities across the whole business.
Operating model transformation
Designing finance operating models that line up with your business strategy, to balance efficiency, effectiveness, and customer experience.
- Finance vision and strategy
- Target operating model
- Shared services centre design, including outsourcing
- Process improvement
People, talent and change
Developing the ‘human capital’ in your organisation to create high-performing, diverse teams of people who can push your business forwards.
- Organisation design
- Talent development
- Culture change
- Change management
Technology, data and enterprise resource planning (ERP)
Advice that’s independent-by-design, to help you make the best decisions when joining up your finance technology with the operating model and people strategy.
- Finance systems and data strategy
- Vendor assessment and selection
- Systems integration (SI) assessment and selection
- Programme and portfolio management
Operating model design and delivery
Working with a global client, we designed a new finance operating model which moved processes to centres of excellence and redesigned the business-partnering functions. We successfully delivered change with the client over 10 months.
Finance ERP strategy
For a UK based bank, ahead of end-of-life support from the vendor, we developed an ERP strategy and options for an existing SAP ECC6 deployment.
Global finance talent management programme
We worked with a banking client to develop a talent and retention programme for their global finance teams.
Enabling data-based decisions so that finance can add value and drive enterprise performance right across the organisation.
Finance is just the starting point for adding value right across the organisation. We show you how to create an impact by enabling data-based decisions and driving enterprise performance.
Faster and more accurate processes and reporting, turning data into meaningful business information to help you make decisions.
- Management information (MI), reporting design and delivery
- Business partnering development
- Reporting and data management process improvement
- Close process optimisation
Owning an end-to-end business plan for the organisation, linking the business strategy directly to the financials and through to operational decision making.
- Cross-functional planning alignment
- Planning tool selection
- Planning and forecasting process improvements, including robotic process automation (RPA)
- Finance data management
Forecasting and scenario modelling
Modelling and data science to make finance capabilities faster and more responsive in the rapidly-changing world around us.
- Predictive analytics
- Financial modelling
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and RPA for analytics
- Finance data science
Finance close process optimisation
- We’ve worked with an energy client to reduce their month-end-close and reporting processes, by redesigning and automating processes and governance.
Finance MI and reporting review
- We reviewed and redesigned finance reporting for a commodities client to align it better to their business drivers and needs.
Answering the $275 trillion question: How do we finance the transition to net zero?
How do we finance the transition to a net zero economy? Three leading Baringa experts shared their ideas and insights on this challenging question.Read more
The agility paradox
Moving from frozen to fluid: How leaders can foster organisational agilityRead more
How will large US banks deliver on their climate commitments?
Many US banks have pledged to reach net zero emissions across lending portfolios by 2050. How will they hit this target while still growing the business?Read more
Financial Services: navigating your path to net zero opportunities
Baringa are your trusted Net Zero advisor. The race to net zero is vital, and the finance industry plays a key role. Get in touch to see how we can help you.Read more
TCFD sharpens its approach?
The TCFD published its Status Report, with guidance on Metrics and Targets, Transition Plans, and GHG emissions.Read more
Expert in CFO AdvisoryContact Juan
Expert in CFO AdvisoryContact Sarah
Expert in CFO AdvisoryContact Aneeka
Partner, expert in CFO AdvisoryContact Mandeep
Expert in CFO AdvisoryContact Victoria
Expert in CFO AdvisoryContact Rigel