At Baringa, protecting the information of our clients is taken very seriously and security is integrated throughout our consulting business. Baringa has integrated security awareness embedded throughout our business and ensures we remain highly diligent, compliant with industry best practice and adaptive to changing threats. We operate a defence in depth strategy to protect all information. This includes but not limited to:
- ISMS Framework and Policy
- Strategy designed to mitigate business risk
- Annual mandatory information security awareness training for all staff
- Dedicated Cyber Security Team
- Encryption for customer data at rest and transit
- Least Privilege: the default approach taken must be to assume that access is not required, rather than to assume that it is
- Defence in Depth: security must not depend upon any single control but be the sum of several complementary controls
- External Accreditations: Baringa has achieved ISO 27001 & Cyber Essentials certification. These certifications mean that, as an organisation, we have the people, processes and systems in place to effectively identify, assess, treat and monitor our information security risks. It means that we aim to have security built into every facet of our operations, and that we strive to improve our security posture through a process of continuous improvement.
Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed, industry-supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common online threats.
SO/IEC 27001:2013 is the international standard for information security. It sets out the specification for an information security management system (ISMS).
ISO 27001’s best-practice approach helps organisations manage their information security by addressing people, processes, and technology.
Certification to the ISO 27001 Standard is recognised worldwide to indicate that your ISMS is aligned with information security best practices.
Security Scorecard is a cyber security risk ratings service that identifies which digital assets (i.e. IPs and domains) belong to an organisation. This determines a company’s digital footprint and is the basis of every Scorecard, taking into account the external-facing assets. The platform measures the organisation’s current cyber-security posture.
Baringa has a commitment to maintaining a strong cyber-security posture. The Seal of Trust Badge displays our engagement with Security Scorecard and provides a link to the public Scorecard.