Given the vast physical and transitional disruption to economies and societies due to climate change, there is a fundamental and urgent need for financial institutions to calibrate the associated risks and identify opportunities.
This need is answered by Baringa’s Climate Change Scenario Model - a collaboration with physical risk specialists XDI, and with Bloomberg - to provide actionable data, configurable scenarios, and insights on how climate may impact a firm’s relative ability to generate free cash to equity.
This month, data from Baringa’s Model on the global oil and gas industry will become available on Bloomberg terminals for the first time. To mark this, Baringa is teaming up with Bloomberg and Citi to share insights on a webinar aimed at those interested in climate risk and Terminal users on the major challenges and opportunities ahead.
During the webinar, attendees will be able to learn about the Model and how it provides data, scenarios, and insights on company risk. Expert speakers will talk about the Model’s capabilities on Bloomberg terminals with special focus on the oil & gas industry including zoomable data, coverage of companies, customisable scenario expansion from +2° to +4° and Baringa’s sector insights that can inform the response of financial institutions to global climate change.
Join James Belmont, Head of Climate Risk at Baringa Partners at this Bloomberg-hosted webinar at 14:00 BST / 15:00 CET on Thursday 22 October, with speakers including:
- Soojin Lee, Climate Solutions Business Manager, Sustainable Finance Solutions, Bloomberg LP
- Elree Winnett Seelig, Head of Environmental, Social and Governance for Markets and Securities Services at Citi
The webinar will cover key areas such as:
- Macro climate risk challenges and opportunities
- Baringa’s Climate Change Scenario model
- Trends and company insights within the Oil & Gas industry to 2050
- Real-time market content e.g. product liquidity, risk, availability of capital
To register for this webinar please fill in the form below: