The Polish renewable auctions are fast approaching (December 2021). In spite of the recent high wholesale price levels, wind and solar auctions have traditionally attracted a good number of investors as a result of the 15 years long floor price support, flexibility in start date and volume allocation.
To be successful, there are a number of factors investors need to take into account in formulating their bidding strategy, which we’ll explore as guest speakers in this webinar hosted by our partner Rödl & Partner on 2nd December, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CET.
- The key legal and tax information regarding participation in the auction that you need to be aware of, including preparing for the auction, the obligations of auction winners and the transfer of rights and obligations acquired at an energy auction
- How to maximise success using Baringa’s auction modelling tool. This tool is designed to help developers understand the likely outcomes of the auction. We’ve been using our tool to model the large-scale onshore wind and solar auctions in Poland for the last couple of years, with our modelling results in close proximity to the auction outcomes.
- The different PPA structures that investors may want to consider, how PPAs and the CfD can be combined, and a possible CfD optimization potential.
- Piotr Mrowiec, Rödl & Partner
- Jakub Plebański, Rödl & Partner
- Jakub Wajs, Rödl & Partner
Simon Tywuschik, Director, Baringa
Simon is a Director with more than 15 years of energy market experience. Simon specializes in transaction and commercial advisory and has worked for several years in the Polish market. Simon holds a PhD (Dr.rer. Oec) in empirical economics from the TU Berlin/IMD in Lausanne and a Msc from University of Maastricht. He is fluent in several European languages..
Ozlem Akgul, Manager, Baringa
Ozlem is a Manager in the Energy Advisory practice at Baringa Partners. Her main geographical focus is Poland and Eastern and Southern Europe. Her expertise is in European power market fundamentals, policy and regulatory framework and modelling. More recently, she has been involved in Net Zero modelling for European power system.
Global Energy Perspectives: Europe power market review: 2022
A disruptive series of macro events in 2022 has had a profound impact on the energy market that will be felt for many years to come.Read more
Energy transition to net zero: the state of global energy markets and investments - negative trends
In this two-part report our Global Energy Perspectives team summarise developments in the energy transition and focus on the reasons to be cautious.Read more
Energy transition to net zero: the state of global energy markets and investments
In this two-part report our Global Energy Perspectives team summarise developments in the energy transition over the past couple of years.Read more
Low carbon investment landscape
Ilesh Patel reflects on our low carbon future and the priorities for the global energy economy and investors in 2022.Read more