At Baringa, we have taken time to really listen and understand how we can drive a positive change to address behaviours and structural processes within our business that create a different employee experience for our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic colleagues in particular.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a business that attracts diverse talent, and provides a consistent work experience and equitable opportunities for career progression for all our people.
Our statement and actions to drive positive change are below:
Baringa Partners Statement
We are wholeheartedly against racism and prejudice of all forms.
We have been taking this time to listen and understand how Baringa can drive a positive change, which reflects our promise to change any behaviours and processes within Baringa that create a different employee experience for our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, and, in particular, our Black colleagues.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a business that attracts diverse talent, provides a consistent work experience and equitable opportunities for career progression for all our people.
Going forward, we will do the work required to be more anti-racist. Now is a time to drive the change, to work together, and to make a stand.
How we are driving positive change
Whilst many of the recommendations below will support the broader Diversity & Inclusion workforce, we believe our focus must be on addressing the challenges our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic colleagues face in the workplace.
We have defined ten core actions which we believe will drive positive change for our colleagues:
- Publish Diversity Statistics – we will report internally and externally, including our race pay gap, within the next 6 months. We will also reaffirm our commitments to our 2023 targets of 20% Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic representation across levels
- Perform External Diversity & Inclusion Audits – we will review company processes and policies, as well as adopting government recommendations publicly and visibly
- Broaden Bias & Cultural Training – we will review our current mandatory unconscious bias training to broaden scope and improve. We will also invest in social and cultural training for the business; to help facilitate on-going dialog and participation within the business
- Develop A Future Leaders Programme – we will develop programmes aimed at supporting career advancement of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic talent across all levels
- Show Visible Support – we will demonstrate advocacy from Leadership by having all Partners attend one or more internal Diversity & Inclusion events over the next 12 months and participating in reverse mentoring over the next 18 months
- Prioritise Recruitment – we will focus our recruitment efforts to attract more Black candidates in order to improve Black representation at Senior Manager / Director/ Partner levels across the business. We will also review all of our core recruitment processes, channels and materials to maximise the number of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates we attract and convert to hires
- Evolve Our Outreach Programme - we will work with university networks and other external organisations to foster talent and identify potential Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates for the Intern and Analyst programmes
- Facilitate Networking – we will attend and / or host networking events with clients and existing networks with Partner attendance. We will encourage Black colleagues to speak at conferences and events relating to both technical and social content to provide broader opportunities for professional growth
- Listen And Act – we will reinforce the mechanisms for raising concerns and actively engage in addressing concerns raised by Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic colleagues within Client Accounts and Business Units, via the Ethnic Diversity Network or through our employee engagement tool
- Embed Diversity & Inclusion In Performance – we will hold ourselves to account on the progress we make at a Business Unit and individual level through the year-end process