Reducing our impact on the planet
We’ve got our work cut out, especially as a rapidly growing global business. Working towards our ambitious global net zero targets is central to our environmental sustainability approach.
Our approach includes:
- Reducing emissions across our own operations: we’re developing insights, establishing controls, evolving processes and empowering the right people to make the right decisions across all our hubs around the world.
- Working with our suppliers: we’re engaging our suppliers to deliver new levels of performance.
- Supporting our clients: we help our clients improve their environmental impact and work in industries critical to the energy transition – from partnering with our energy clients on the latest technology for the future of power generation, to unlocking capital in financial services to make the transition a reality.
To create impact that really lasts, we need to consider how every aspect of our business affects the planet. There are few easy answers, but our environmental strategy builds on our successes to date, and our net zero targets and B Corp certification demonstrate our commitment and our accountability.
Adrian Bettridge, Managing Partner
Our net zero pledge
Although the biggest influence we can have is through our client work, we aim to lead by example, and actively reduce emissions within our own operations and supply chain.
In June 2021, we joined the UNFCCC’s Race to Zero Campaign and pledged to be net zero aligned by 2030. We‘re working towards science-based targets as part of the Science Based Targets Initiative, a programme that adheres to the latest climate science and constantly reviews their approach.Our commitment to net zero
So far, we’ve:
- More than 80% of the electricity supplied to our offices globally is renewable
- Established our remote working proposition to reduce business travel further
- Offset our emissions to achieve carbon neutrality across our global Scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions
Being a carbon neutral business
We’re committed to being a carbon neutral business every year
We have two priorities:
- First, reduce our the intensity of our Scope 3 emissions per employee
- Then, invest in offsetting where we can’t fully eliminate residual sources of carbon from our operations through projects that prioritise the permanent removal of carbon from our atmosphere.
Our Sustainability Journey
Sustainability is a journey, not a destination. We set out in 2009 with a passion for engaging with and supporting our local communities.Read about our journey
Taking a holistic approach
The interconnected nature of the climate challenge means piecemeal or siloed solutions – however creative – won’t get the job done. We intentionally blur the boundaries between our environmental, community, and people strategies, and our client work, with a just transition at the forefront of our thinking. Our work continues across all these areas to deliver real change.